Acne appearing more will make you feel more self-conscious about your appearance.
In many different ways to treat acne, the method of using toothpaste is noticed by many young people.
Does this method really work? Let’s learn about this acne remedy.
Treat acne with effective toothpaste?
Many people believe that the inside of toothpaste contains mint essence, baking soda, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, Triclosan, … will help antibacterial, minimize inflammation and make acne dry quickly.
However, toothpaste is not an effective acne remedy.
Toothpaste is for oral use and should not be used on the skin, too much baking soda in toothpaste can burn your skin and the sulfate salt in toothpaste can be irritating to sensitive skin.
In addition, toothpaste has an acidic pH, which is not suitable for the neutral pH of the skin, so you will feel very burning when using it.
Doctors and dermatologists advise against using toothpaste to treat acne because this method does not bring good results.
Why should you not use toothpaste to treat acne?
– Not tested as safe for the skin, so it will easily cause irritation, making acne worse
The amount of mint in the toothpaste is completely unsuitable for facial skin
Contains teeth whiteners that can cause skin irritation
– In the past, many toothpastes used triclosan – effective for treating acne, but now they are no longer used.
For the above reasons, toothpaste is completely incapable of treating acne. Let’s learn more about acne products and methods that are more suitable to apply on the skin.
Safe and effective acne treatments
If you want to apply natural acne remedies to ensure safety, then please refer to the following ingredients.
1. Use Apple Cider Vinegar
According to research, apple cider vinegar is effective in reducing the amount of oil on the face. Excess oil and sebum are the leading causes of clogged pores and acne formation.
Moreover, the antibacterial ability of apple cider vinegar will also help acne spots less inflamed and swollen.
- Use 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar diluted with 3 tablespoons of water.
- After washing your face, apply this mixture on your face for 20 seconds and then wash your face again.
- Do this 1-2 times a day to see the effect.
2. Use garlic
Garlic is a root vegetable that contains many antioxidants and has good antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. That’s why many people use garlic to treat acne naturally and safely.
Combine with apple cider vinegar to help treat acne more effectively.
- Crush 5 garlic cloves. Then use a clean, thin towel to squeeze out the juice from the crushed garlic cloves.
- Use 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar diluted with 3 tablespoons of filtered water and then add garlic juice.
- Mix the above mixture well and use a cotton swab or clean cloth to absorb a little of the solution and gently apply it to the acne spot.
- Wait for 10 minutes, then wash your face with water.
- Do it 2-3 times a week for effective results.
3. Use Aloe Vera (aloe vera)
Aloe vera is one of the main ingredients in many acne products. You can also use fresh aloe vera to treat acne at home. In particular, the gel of aloe vera leaves has the effect of narrowing acne, tightening pores on the face.
- Choose fresh aloe vera leaves, wash, peel off the outer skin to get the inner flesh.
- Use aloe vera to gently apply to the acne spots, wait for 15 minutes and wash your face.
- Do it 2-3 times a week to see results.
4. Use honey and cinnamon powder
Honey is also one of the natural ingredients that many people choose to treat acne. Combined with cinnamon powder, the more effective acne treatment is for everyone.
Because these two substances are both anti-oxidants, they will reduce the possibility of inflammation of acne.
- Use 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder to 2 tablespoons of raw honey.
- Mix the above mixture well and apply it thinly on the face after cleansing.
- Wait for about 15 minutes and then wash your face with water.
- Just apply cinnamon powder honey mask 2-3 times a week to effectively treat acne.
5. Use coconut oil
Instead of treating acne with toothpaste, you can choose to use coconut oil.
Coconut oil contains a lot of vitamin E, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory substances, so it is a good acne treatment.
- Take virgin coconut oil, heat it up and apply it evenly on your face.
- Note that you should wash your face first, then gently massage to help your skin smooth, enough moisture to help minimize acne effectively.
- The above are the natural acne treatments that are highly appreciated and safe. Please refer to further to apply appropriate measures.
Things to note when treating acne at home
To achieve the best effect when treating acne, you need to understand what causes acne, how to treat acne correctly and especially not to abuse acne treatments.
1. Wash and keep your face clean
One of the obvious causes of acne is clogged pores on the skin. When your facial skin is exposed to dirt and pollution from the environment, the sebaceous glands will become more active, causing clogged pores and acne formation.
You should find facial cleanser products that have the ability to deep clean, limit touching the acne with your hands, the acne treatment process will be simpler.
2. Healthy lifestyle
The cause of acne formation also stems from unreasonable living habits. When you eat a lot of spicy, greasy, sweet foods, often stay up late, don’t drink enough water, etc.
So you need to apply a frugal diet, a scientific lifestyle, and drink enough water to prevent acne from appearing.
3. Do not arbitrarily use acne medication
Many people are concerned about their acne, so they often choose to buy acne products that do not follow the instructions of a dermatologist. This is worrisome because it can make your acne worse.
Therefore, you should use acne products as directed by your doctor or dermatologist after a specific examination.
4. Be persistent
Whatever you want to be successful in, you need to persevere in the right process and in the right dosage. Acne treatment also needs to be persistent to achieve the best results.
You need to combine a reasonable lifestyle with the use of acne treatment products that are suitable for your skin. Once you have created a good habit, you only need to apply for a certain period of time, you will see noticeable results.
5. Stop using the product when irritation occurs
A particularly important note, especially for those of you with sensitive skin: when applying any acne treatment, if there are signs of allergy or irritation, stop immediately. Then go to reputable dermatology addresses to check and get advice.
Above is all the information that I have learned from treating acne with toothpaste. Besides, I also provide a few more natural but still very effective acne remedies.
Hope my article has provided you with useful information, please leave a comment below if you have any questions or comments on the article, I will respond to you as soon as possible.